I’m in Vegas, baby! Had a fantastic, super-hard, long, complete workout in the Trump Towers’ gym. Badass gym they have! Have you seen those “Technogym” machines? I read about them a while back and this is the second time I got to use them. They are really cool treadmills, bikes, and eliptical machines that have a computer touch-screen monitor on them. You can watch full tv and control everything from there. They do all kinds of other things like remember your stats, programs, etc. but I just used the eliptical for 10 minutes of HIIT.
Before the the cardio, I did a badass circuit of:
- Seated bench press
- Dumbbell curls drop-sets of 3 + hammers and reverse curls (palms down to work the forearms)
- Low dip pushups with feet up on bosu ball
- Tricep pushdowns narrow v-bar
- Tricep overhead extensions singular dumbbell
- Dumbell raises to arm pits trifecta with arm curls and lighter hammers
- Tricep straight bar pushdowns with 1 second hold at bottom
- pushups. flat on floor
- Seated bent over dumbbell lateral raises (strengthens rear delts to counter the heavy chest workout)
- Cable rotator cuff extensions – sides (again, must reinforce the rear delts when working out chest)
- Cable rotator cuff extensions – top
This was followed by the eliptical workout: 10 minutes on the interval setting
I immediately drank a 25g protein Muscle Milk. Chocolate, thank you very much. Plus a complimentary green apple for the simple carbs and vitamin C hit. Felt like a million bucks by the time I finished my shake and got half way through my apple.
Lunch was freaking great as well. Angus cheeseburger with fries (I’m on vacation!) from the Neiman Marcus cafe in the mall. I walked around a hell of a lot so I’m pretty sure I burned more calories than I consumed here in Vegas. Especially since my only other meal was dinner at 11:30 pm. Yes, I ate terribly as far as multiple meals go. At least, my late night supper consisted of a New York steak and 2 eggs.
IS THAT ENOUGH PROTEIN FOR YOU?!